Are you a regular jogger who is anxious about having to stop when the baby arrives? Is it difficult for you to decide on the best brand of jogging stroller?
- How to Sanitize a Bob Stroller? Complete Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Assemble A Kolcraft Double Stroller? Complete Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Deodorize a Stroller? A Step-by Step Learning Guide
- How to Fold a Maclaren Stroller? Step-By-Step Guide
- How to Clean Britax B Agile Stroller? Comprehensive Guide
BOB is a well-known manufacturer of dependable jogging strollers. We’ll tell you about its history, what experts have to say about it, and take a close look at the four greatest BOB strollers available right now.
What Is BOB?
After meeting in 1994, Roger Malinowski and Phillip Novotny collaborated to build BOB. Malinowski was well-versed in the bicycle industry, whereas Novotny was well-versed in the mechanics of commercial aircraft.
It wasn’t long before they met that Novotny was making and selling his own brand of customized cruiser bike. Malinowski instantly realized that Novotny’s product had the potential to be a lucrative business opportunity. A new way to transport gear on bikes was born when they collaborated on the YAK trailer.
Though “Beast of Burden” was their first choice, it wasn’t quite as popular as they had thought. This was rebranded to BOB, a catchy moniker that quickly caught on.
The idea for a jogging stroller didn’t come to fruition until after Malinowski and Novotny had started families. The BOB Sport Utility Stroller was the first one they used as an example. Features like improved suspension, polymer wheels, and an easy-to-fold frame were included in this model.
For help with the stroller’s toughness, they turned to their own children. Because they were able to flip, push, and jump on the buggy, they were able to tell if it was sturdy.
Customers loved it so much that they immediately asked for a second one, this time for twins. As a result, in 2001, the Duallie was born. In 2005, the business came up with a swiveling front wheel to improve turning performance.
Even after over two decades in operation, BOB continues to produce high-quality jogging strollers that may be used by parents of all kinds. Britax, a British business that specializes in children’s products, purchased BOB in 2011.
Since 1939, Britax has been a part of the industry. With the help of BOB, it has grown into a major player in the industry today.
The local BOB store is dedicated to supplying families with high-quality strollers. As part of its mission to assist parents in leading active lifestyles, it offers the option for them to bring along even the newest member of the family.
BOB Strollers Parent Reviews
Consumers appear to like BOB. Parents give the strollers high marks for their sturdiness and ease of use while running.
The swivel wheels of the strollers are also praised by non-runners. When running errands or heading to the shopping, they’re a great companion. It’s often praised for how easy it is to turn and steer.
One of Britax’s strollers sold before to 2015, which had a removable wheel, made news because the front wheel, which might injure the runner and passenger, would sometimes fall off.
When it comes to new models released after 2015, Britax made significant improvements. There have been no recorded injuries since then.
On the internet, customer service has a mixed reputation. Several parents have praised the promptness and friendliness of the support staff they received. It’s also reported as worthless by others, who say they didn’t get an answer.
Safety Tips While Using A BOB Stroller
Use these safety precautions before using a BOB jogger stroller.
- Do some trial runs in the stroller prior to placing your child in it. The maneuverability of a stroller may be difficult at first, but you may learn to adapt to it by going for a practice run.
- When running with a stroller full of children, it’s important to slow down at first so that the children grow acclimated to bumps and you get used to running with a heavy load.
- Before you begin your run, make sure the wheels, particularly the front ones, are tight and safe. Check that the wheel locks are engaged to avoid slipping.
- The child must be properly secured and wearing all the safety straps prior to running.
5 Easy Steps to Fold a BOB Stroller
Many parents put off purchasing a stroller because they fear it would take up too much room in their home. When it comes to folding a stroller, many people become a little flustered. A BOB Stroller Folding Guide has been provided to help you resolve the issue and remove the confusion. Two-step folding is standard on most BOB strollers. Both folding and unfolding are a cinch. Pushing the BOB stroller, cleaning it, and caring for it are all simple tasks. To fold a BOB stroller, follow these simple steps.
- Remove the infant and other belongings from the cargo baskets and pouches.
- Your hands should be placed on the handlebars, with your fingers pressed firmly against the red tabs.
- Lift the hand bars and then move them to the right.
- Pull back on the red handle that appears from the back. Once collapsed, the stroller will be a manageable size.
- When putting the stroller away, use the handlebar wrist wrap to secure it. To prevent it from coming undone after you’ve made it spin round and round, secure the Velcro with tape.
Now you can put your BOB stroller in the trunk of your car and take it with you wherever you go. It’s not just that a BOB is easy to fold up that makes it stand out.
Features of a BOB stroller
1. Easy-to-clean Padded Seats
BOB stroller seats have machine-washable cloth. When cleaning the stroller, you won’t have to worry about soaking the entire seat because the fabric is water-resistant. Comfortable padding covers the seats for the baby’s sake.
2. Ample Room for Storage
If you’re planning to spend the most of the day outside with your infant, a BOB stroller will often have a huge cargo basket. The water bottle and snacks can be kept in the side pouches that are conveniently located on the bag’s sides.
3. Tires Made From Quality Materials
There is no doubt that the BOB stroller’s tires are built to last. The majority of them are inflatable so that the stroller doesn’t wobble on any surface.
4. Safety Harness to Prevent the Baby From Tipping Over
Five-point harnesses are standard equipment on most BOB strollers, and they’re designed with the infant in mind. Pads are used to protect the newborn from injury. It’s secure enough that you don’t have to worry about it opening while you’re wheeling the stroller.
5. Adjustable Handlebars
The stroller can be used by anyone of any height, whether it’s a small child or one of the parents in his or her sixties. It’s also feasible to adjust the handlebars’ height to suit your personal preference.
6. Padded Handlebars
The padding provides comfort for lengthy periods of time in the stroller. You won’t get sore palms from using these because the handles are soft and don’t cut into your hands.
7. Lightweight Frame For Easy Transportation
The BOB stroller is constructed of lightweight materials for easy transportation. It’s lightweight and portable, so pushing it isn’t taxing.
8. Reclining Seats
You may adjust the tilt of the stroller so that your kid sits comfortably or so that you can see your baby while jogging or pushing it.
9. Swivel Mechanism for Easy Maneuvering
It is easy to guide BOB strollers around corners and across difficult terrain because of their swivel wheels.
How to Care for a BOB stroller
Make careful you use a mild soap and cool water while cleaning the baby stroller. To clean the fabric and plastic parts, use a soft cloth wet with soapy water. Allow the cloth to dry completely after washing before storing or using it.
Strollers should be stored in a well-ventilated area to avoid collecting up odors and dust. If you must store it in a location that will be exposed to direct sunlight, keep it out of the way. Because of the sun’s ultraviolet rays, the stroller’s parts crack and the cloth wears out, making it less durable. The best spot to keep it is in a well-ventilated and dry area of your home.
c) General Maintenance
Lubricate your baby stroller’s working parts on a regular basis to keep it moving smoothly and to avoid unpleasant noises and friction.
Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommended tire pressure.
Always check for and tighten any loose parts on the stroller in order to prolong its lifespan and prevent accidents.
The Best BOB Stroller Reviews of 2022
It took us a week of research to narrow down the best BOB strollers. We relied on evaluations from other parents and the opinions of industry professionals to help us narrow down our choices.
1. BOB Revolution Flex 3.0
Best BOB Stroller for Infants
BOB Revolution Flex is a great option if you want to continue active after the birth of your child. It can be used in conjunction with infant car seats from BOB or Britax, as well as many other well-known manufacturers (with the use of an adaptor).
The stroller’s mountain bike-inspired suspension ensures a comfortable ride even over rough terrain. The power of the suspension is reinforced by the use of air-filled tires, which help to level off the road surface.
Britax’s proprietary safety system ensures the safety of your child. It protects your child both in and out of the car seat.
No Bumpy Rides
BOB is known for its suspension design based on mountain bikes. Despite the tough terrain, many parents comment on how easy it is to push the stroller. When driving over curbs and sidewalks, air-filled tires come in handy.
BOB Revolution Flex is the perfect stroller for taking your little one on your daily or weekly strolls. As a result, it provides a level of protection much in excess of government regulations. The inbuilt LATCH mechanism allows you to rapidly fasten the seat and keep it secure.
For babies weighing between 4 and 35 pounds, this car seat is appropriate. You can continue to use the stroller up to 75 pounds when your baby outgrows it.
When it’s hot outside, the vented canopy on this car seat will help keep your infant cool. The visor on the buggy provides an enclosed environment because it extends over the top. This is a great option for protecting your child from the weather while keeping them warm and cozy.
Single variant of the Duallie, the Revolution Flex is the name given to this model. Parents on the go who need a stroller that can be used in a number of situations will find this one to be ideal.
If you’re expecting a child, a travel system is the best option. A single stroller version is also available.
Because it’s composed of aluminum alloy, it’s exceptionally long-lasting. The front wheel of the stroller may be adjusted so that it can be used on a trail or in a busy park.
Storage Basket Is Small
Some mothers find the storage bin on the stroller to be overly small, given the stroller’s size. A huge diaper bag, let alone any other essentials, will not fit in there.
2. BOB Alterrain Pro Jogging Stroller
Best BOB Stroller for Jogging
The BOB Alterrain Pro is designed to handle rough terrain and high speeds. Post-baby hardcore runner? This one is for you. When compared to other BOB strollers, this one is made primarily to be used when running.
BOB fitted it with light-weight wheelbases and reflective rims and trim. The buggy is able to soar over the circuit thanks to this combination.
It’s got a handbrake on it. It’s an important safety component, given the weight of the equipment.
An active parent will appreciate the handlebar’s ability to be easily adjusted. As you jog down the route, your child can ride in comfort in the upright seat. It also has a chat window and a magnetic peak.
Great Safety Features
BOB designed the Alterrain Pro to be a great jogging companion for parents who have children. In addition, BOB installed a large UPF 50 sun cover on the buggy. It has a magnetic cover for the peep window.
The SmoothShox Suspension System ensures that your child has a comfortable ride that is free of bumps. To prevent the stroller from rolling away, BOB installed a handbrake on the handle.
You can customize the handlebar’s settings to meet your own demands. You can perform it while walking, which makes it a breeze to become used to it.
Unlike other strollers, this one isn’t meant to be used for sleeping. While the seat is still upright, it is padded with breathable material, ensuring that your child’s comfort is maintained.
Not for Everyday Chores
A jogging shoe like the Alterrain Pro is not meant to be worn every day. There is a problem with the buggy’s steering because the front wheel is fixed.
3. BOB Rambler Jogging Stroller
Best BOB Stroller for Travel
For everyday activities like grocery shopping, jogging, or a family outing, BOB’s Rambler is a fantastic choice. It’s a smaller, lighter version of previous BOB strollers, with a weight of around 25 pounds, which is relatively light in comparison to other strollers.
The strong structure can support up to 75 pounds of weight. It’s simple to fold and can fit in the trunk of most cars..
With the help of the Rambler, a family outing is a breeze. The swivel feature of the front wheel is adjustable, so you can lock or unlock it as needed.
Superior suspension, spacious canopy, and breathable material are just some of the features included in this BOB. Additionally, you have the option of black or lagoon as a color option.
Great for On-The-Go Parents
The Rambler is a great option for families who have to commute together. In terms of weight, it is the lightest BOB stroller on today’s list. Simple to fold, the wheels can be removed if you need it to fit in an extremely compact location.
The Rambler’s front wheel swivel allows it to turn on a dime. Its pneumatic, polymer tires glide over any surface. With its improved mountain bike-inspired suspension, you won’t feel any potholes or humps.
Large Onboard Basket
A large storage basket rests beneath the stroller, allowing you to keep all of your essentials close at hand. Accessible from all directions, it’s elevated and so less likely to accumulate dirt.
Doesn’t Stand When Folded
The stroller folds up easily and may be stored in a variety of locations. Although it can stand on its own when folded, it falls over rapidly if it isn’t.
The stroller’s inbuilt storage is a disappointment compared to previous BOB models. No room for a diaper bag, according to several reviewers. Because of this, you’ll have to come up with new ways to transport your additional goods.
4. BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie Jogging Stroller
Best BOB Double Stroller
The Revolution Flex Duallie twin stroller from BOB is a good option if you’re looking for a BOB-branded double stroller. Running and strolling through town are two of the best ways to enjoy this shoe.
BOB’s Flex Duallie is the company’s most popular double stroller, first introduced in 2001. The Pro, Flex 2.0, and Flex 3.0 versions are all available, as are the many add-ons.
A swivel-lock mechanism on the front wheel provides additional maneuverability or stability as needed. For the greatest possible ride, air-filled tires and mountain bike suspension are also provided.
The seats may recline almost completely to accommodate a sleeping baby, and the handlebar can be adjusted to suit any driver. If you’re expecting, you can even use it with a car seat.
Excellent on Various Surfaces
If you’re going to the zoo or taking your kids on a hike, the Duallie is the stroller for you.
On-demand swivel capability is available on the front wheel for improved maneuverability. Mountain bike suspension is standard on all Duallie models to keep the ride as comfortable as possible.
BOB’s stroller glides on any surface thanks to its air-filled wheels and mountain bike suspension. It’s easy to push, and your children won’t notice the unevenness of the road.
The Duallie 3.0’s nimbleness has won over many new parents. When the swivel feature is used, it is capable of maneuvering through tight spaces and over rough terrain. When set to “locked,” it gives you the security and control you need to go faster.
Lots of Storage
Having so much space is a big deal to us. Underneath the seat is a spacious basket. Additionally, the stroller has 10 additional pockets that may be used to store all of your necessities and valuables.
You can’t fit it in a diaper bag. When folded, it takes up a lot of room and weighs a lot. Before you buy a trunk, make sure you measure it.
5. BOB Gear Alterrain Pro Jogging Stroller
Easy to fold and go stroller with ultra-reflective rims and lunar-inspired frame. The air-filled tires and ergonomic handbrakes provide the rider more control when going downhill. This stroller has a maximum weight capacity of 165.34lb and a five-point harness.
- Suspension using the Smoothshox brand.
- High-quality material
- In a zip-top luggage basket
- Canopy that can withstand wind and rain
- It’s possible that the handbrake isn’t working properly.
6. BOB Revolution Flex 2.0 Jogging Stroller
The stroller’s maximum weight capacity is 75 pounds for the BOB Flex 2.0 Revolution. An adjustable handlebar, five-point harness, and wrist strap are all included in the lunar design. The air-filled tires of the stroller provide supple suspension, as does the swivel-locking front wheel. It has a UPF 50+ canopy and a near-flat recline.
- Peek-and-chat screen
- Cargo basket is included.
- Seat with a bolster and padding
- an environment that is properly ventilated
- Tyres might not be long-lasting.
How To Choose The Right BOB Strollers?
When purchasing a BOB stroller, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Make sure the stroller’s dimensions are appropriate for your child’s age and size.
- Make sure the canopy is big enough to protect the child from the sun, rain, and other weather conditions.
- Strollers with pockets or storage baskets make it easy to organize baby’s and parents’ personal belongings.
- Think about the stroller’s suspension and the terrain you’ll be taking it on while making this decision. Make sure your stroller has good suspension if you’re going to be on bumpy terrain.
- In order to get the most out of your vehicle, be sure that the front wheel has a swivel. In order to keep the stroller stable and safe while it is not in motion or does not need to turn, it should have a swivel lock.
- If you’re looking for a stroller that’s easy to use, look for one with one-hand or one-button controls for the seat recline, folding mechanism, and the canopy. For ease of use, the harness and handlebars should be adjustable.
Go on a family outing and do the things you normally do with your child. Jogging strollers such as the BOB allow you to bring your youngster along for the ride and ensure their safety. So, have a look at the features and choose from our list of the finest BOB strollers.
Bob Stroller-Related Accessories
BOB has a few optional attachments that might enhance your experience. To name a few:
- The Duallie Jogging Stroller Snack Tray is a welcome convenience for parents who take their children out for a walk or jog. Two cup holders and flat surfaces for snacks or toys are included in this tray for the BOB Duallie pram. Rather than securing it to the stroller, you attach it to both sides and then release one side when loading or unloading.
- One-Seater Jogging Strollers: The BOB Handlebar Console BOB’s handlebar console is available for all of its single strollers so that you can manage your on-the-go lifestyle. In addition to a spacious zipped central pocket, this bag has bottle holders and is water and stain-resistant. Four hook and loop straps hold it in place while you’re on the run.
- When traveling with a stroller, BOB recommends its single stroller travel bag, which fits models such as the all-terrain, all-terrain pro, blaze, and Rambler as well as the Revolution and Stroller Strides 2016 series. The bag’s dimensions are: 20.7″ x 10.4″ x 34.6″. It comes with a shoulder strap and a side handle so you can carry it by either method. Remove the buggy’s gadgets and wheels before using it.
- Protect your baby from the sun, flying insects, and the wind with BOB’s Sun Shield for Single Swivel Wheel Strollers, a full mesh screen that encases the stroller. Both BOB Revolution strollers and Stroller Strides single buggies can be used with this product. Using elastic, it is simple to attach and remove from the stroller.
- The Britax and BOB Car Seat Adapter can be used to convert a single BOB stroller into a travel system. All BOB and Britax car seats are compatible with this stroller. However, you should not run with the car seat fastened to a single stroller.
- Britax and BOB Car Seat Adapter for BOB Duallie: This adapter is great if you have a baby and a toddler riding together. You can attach a car seat to one side, and a snack tray to the other. Any Duallie buggy manufactured after 2011 can use this adaptor.
- With this adapter, you may use your Graco infant car seat with your BOB single jogging stroller and vice versa. The Graco seat is securely fastened to the buggy with this accessory. Car seats manufactured prior to 2016 are not compatible.
- For Peg Perego car seats, BOB offers this stroller adaptor from their line. It also doesn’t require any tools to be installed, making it much more convenient.
Where to Buy BOB Strollers
If you’re looking for a BOB stroller on an online retailer like Amazon or BuyBuyBaby or Kohl’s, you can locate it there. Sports equipment stores like Ambridge Bike and Sports Center carry these.
BOB Website and Contact
As far as websites go, BOB’s is a breeze to navigate. Every product from strollers to car seats is available, as well as any supplementary accessories.
All of its phone numbers and email addresses are also accessible. You can reach them at 1-888-427-4829 if you run into any problems or questions. Fill out a form on the website if you prefer to send an email.
Is BOB Worth It?
Strollers from BOB have been built to last for over two decades. Quality items are still being produced and the company’s stability is excellent. Even though they can be pricey, many parents believe they are worth the investment.
Whether you live in the country or the city, they have a stroller for you.
We hope that whatever stroller you choose, you and your kid have a wonderful time on your journeys.