Do you have a preference for the color of your Tula Baby Blanket? We enlisted the aid of Starry Skies Tie Dyes’ expert dyer, Valene Hoover, to create a really one-of-a-kind baby blanket.
- What Is The Issue With K-Love? How To Cancel K Love Donation?
- How To Replace A Swivel Rocker Mechanism? Step-by-Step Tutorial
- How To Hang Curtains In A Dorm Room? Step-By-Step Guide
- What Is Presumed Consent Organ Donation? Everything To Know!
- How To Start A Donation Drive? Complete Step-by-Step Guide
To whomsoever this may concern, please accept my warmest greetings. I’m Valene Hoover, and I co-founded the mom-and-pop shop Starry Skies Tie Dyes (named after my daughter, Starlette and son, Skylo.) Even though Justin Hoover is the other half of the company, he knows how great of a people person I am. Since 2014, we have been offering fabric dying services, including for Baby Tula blankets and carriers, ring slings, clothes, and more. Dye addicts like myself can thank Baby Tula for their amazing Baby Carriers. Blankets made of pure white bamboo viscose are a dyer’s dream. I’m excited to provide detailed instructions for our one-of-a-kind galaxy dye treatments, as well as a primer on vat dyeing for the inquisitive beginner. I invite you to get in touch with me at any time if you have any more questions.
You will need:
- Black or brown Baby blanket by Tula, pattern is Stars Leo.
- Blue Dawn dish soap or Synthrapol fabric softener
- The Chemical Name for Sodium Bicarbonate (Washing Soda or Ph Up can also be used)
- Baby fork
- This is a ventilator’s face mask.
- A plastic bag for trash or garbage
How To Dye A Tula Blanket
- Rinse your cloth in hot water while adding 1/8 teaspoon of Dawn dish soap or Synthrapol.
- In a separate container, combine 1 cup of soda ash with 1 gallon of boiling water. Dissolve soda ash by mixing it in. Soak the fabric in the dissolved soda ash for at least an hour for the best effects.
- Remove the cloth from the bucket and wring off as much water as possible. To get rid of any extra moisture, I utilize the spin cycle on my washing machine.
- To collect the dye spills, use a grate with a bucket underneath. Wrap the cloth around the grate in a collected, two-dimensional pattern.
- Dye can be sprinkled onto the fabric using a spoon, salt shaker, tea strainer, etc. As for the colors themselves, I decided on a total of 12. Hot Hibiscus and Coral Pink from Dharma Trading Co., Daffodil and Lime Squeeze from Custom Colors Inc., Bright Green from Dharma Trading Co., Caribbean Blue from Dharma Trading Co., and Glacier Blue from Dharma Trading Co.
To make sure that every galaxy is different, I always lay out my dye in a new pattern. As long as they complement each other, I don’t mind if they bump into each other. The color wheel is a wonderful tool for conceptualizing color usage. As a rule, I start with the palest colors, then move on to the brightest, and then fill in any leftover white areas with darker tones.
- Put a little coating of ice on it.
- Please let the ice melt. If it has penetrated the fabric completely, you can check the underside. Add some additional dye and a light spray of water to make sure it has.
- For the best results, after saturating the fabric with dye, it should sit undisturbed for at least 24 to 48 hours in a warm setting (70 to 90 degrees is ideal). Batching is absolutely crucial when it comes to vibrant colors.
- Make sure you rinse your blanket in cold water for at least 5 minutes after washing to get rid of any remaining soda ash. Set the oven to preheat for an additional 10-20 minutes.
- When the water in the final rinse starts looking clearer, soak the fabric in a tub, tote, or bucket of hot water for several hours. Your blanket should bleed for a few hours, or possibly a few days, at most! The water should be replaced at regular intervals of many hours. If I can, I like to soak for a total of five hours.
- Wash on a hot, gentle cycle a couple of times, adding 1/8 teaspoon of Dawn or Synthrapol each time.
- Ideally, the fabric should be allowed to dry on its own.
AFTER WASHING, I like to fluff the cloth using 2–4 tennis balls in the dryer to get it back to its original suppleness.
Vat Dyeing – Single Color Dye
You will need:
- I used Tula’s Stars Collection, namely Stars Leo, to make the baby blanket.
- Anything that can be thrown away, such as a trash can, a little box, or a sink
- Two cups of salt that hasn’t been iodized
- An equal amount of soda ash, around 13 cup (Super Washing Soda or PH UP)
- Use Synthrapol or Dawn’s blue dish soap.
- Lidded cups or jars
- Measuring implements: cups and spoons
- Slang for a large whisk used for mixing dishes
- Use 1–2 tablespoons of your preferred Procion dye, such as Dylon or Tulip, to achieve the desired hue (Dharma Trading Co., Custom Colours Inc., Jacquard, etc.)
- Your blanket needs washing after every usage, no matter how few. Obviously, we can’t skip this necessary step. This step is essential in ensuring that the dye sticks well to the blanket by getting rid of any contaminants that may have been present during production or at home before dying. If you use Dawn original blue dish soap or Synthrapol, a single hot wash is all that’s required to get things sparkling clean.
- One cup of soda ash or one teaspoon of PH UP should be added to each gallon of hot water (PH PLUS, PH INCREASER, Super Washing Soda). Dissolve the soda ash entirely. See to certain that the entire blanket is immersed. For best results, soak it for 30-60 minutes.
- Prepare the vat at away. A quantity of 2 gallons of warm water should be added to the mixture. If you don’t have a tote or a 5-gallon bucket handy, a bucket from Home Depot will do. Toss in 2 gallons of regular salt. Please give it some time to fade away before proceeding.
- The dye mixture should be added to 8 ounces of hot or boiling water in a mason jar or other small container. Ensure full dissolution by giving it a good, long swirl. If the dye isn’t absorbed entirely, it will show up as little flecks of color on your blanket.
- Throw your color into the pot (sink, bucket, tote, etc.) Use a spoon or a whisk to mix your dye. Verify that all of the dye has been absorbed into the solvent.
- Your damp blanket will be safe in the vat. Before entering the water, make sure it is completely submerged and free to move around.
- Keep going until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Optimal outcomes can be achieved by constant stirring.
- Don’t let up the pace! A lighter colour can be achieved by constantly stirring the mixture for 30 minutes. If you want a more vibrant or deep color, stir it for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Put the soda ash in slowly during the last 15 minutes of stirring (about a third cup).
- Soda ash can be removed from a blanket by rinsing it for 5-10 minutes.
- Warm water should be used to rinsing for 5-10 minutes.
- Warm up your blanket by soaking it in hot water and then taking it out of the bath. Soon, we’ll be able to use hues like yellow and green. Any color that includes turquoise will require a long soak in hot water to remove the excess dye that did not adhere to the fabric during the dying process. (It’s imperative to use hot water!)
- You can easily clean your blanket by running it through the washing machine on a hot gentle cycle 1-2 times with 1/8 teaspoon of Dawn or Synthrapol.
- You can dry your blanket in the air.
- When you dye a blanket, it stiffens up. Just get back in there and break it in again; everything is OK. I prefer to fluff the blanket by tossing four tennis balls into the dryer.
- Make sure your kid is protected by wrapping him or her in the colorful blanket you’ve made.
When making black, increase the amounts of the colorant, salt, and soda ash by a factor of three. The most effective way is to use boiling water (120-150 degrees.)
Top Best tula blanket in 2022 Comparison Table
Aden + anais Silky Soft Swaddle Blanket,100% Bamboo Viscose Muslin Blankets for Girls & Boys, Baby Receiving Swaddles, Ideal Newborn & Infant Swaddling Set, 3 Pack, Pebble Shibori
- If for any reason you are unhappy with our baby blanket, please do not hesitate to contact us. We guarantee your satisfaction or offer a complete refund.
- SUPREMELY DURABLE BOUTIQUE QUALITY – Our high-quality bamboo muslin is incredibly soft and breathable, so you can rest easy knowing that your baby is getting the best care possible. Fabric that allows air to circulate while also being gentle to the touch and durable over time. Essentials for babies that will last a lifetime and bring happiness to future generations.
- All three blankets measure 47 inches by 47 inches (120 centimeters by 120 centimeters). You may swaddle and wrap your baby securely in one of our extra-large blankets without fear that your child will soon outgrow it. Our baby blankets are versatile enough to serve as a receiving blanket, a swaddle sack, and a stroller cover.
- Each one-layer swaddling blanket is thin enough to allow for proper ventilation for the infant, and they are all safe for use. For the sake of the baby’s health, this is crucial. You can trust your child’s comfort and safety to aden + anais.
- There will be a final resolution, and that means the end of sleepless nights. Be mindful of your child’s temperature and provide them a warm blanket without making them too hot. Swaddling is an effective method of putting your baby to sleep in the most secure and comfortable way possible. infant blankets created from soft muslin fabric that won’t irritate the skin
Aden + anais Swaddle Blanket, Boutique Muslin Blankets for Girls & Boys, Baby Receiving Swaddles, Ideal Newborn & Infant Swaddling Set, Perfect Shower Gifts, 2 Pack, Harry Potter
- Get in touch with us immediately if you are unhappy with our baby blanket for any reason.
- Our premium muslin will help you rest easy knowing that you’re giving your baby the best care possible. Fabric that allows air to circulate while also being gentle to the touch and durable over time. Baby essentials that can bring happiness for decades to come!
- This swaddle blanket is among the most adaptable and fashionable options available. Our blankets are generous in size so you can wrap and swaddle your baby without worrying that he will soon outgrow it. Our baby blankets are versatile enough to serve as a receiving blanket, a swaddle sack, and a stroller cover.
- FEATURING A SLIM, AIRY, AND SAFE DESIGN – The single layer of each swaddling blanket is thin enough to let the infant breathe easily. For the sake of the baby’s health, this is crucial. Your youngster will feel safe and comfortable in an aden by aden + anais product.
- There will be a final resolution, and that means the end of sleepless nights. Be mindful of your child’s temperature and provide them a warm blanket without making them too hot. Swaddling is an effective method of putting your baby to sleep in the most secure and comfortable way possible. Every baby is different, and so are our muslin blankets.
Posh Peanut Unisex Baby Swaddle Blanket – Large Premium Knit Viscose from Bamboo – Infant Swaddle Wrap, Receiving Blanket and Beanie Set, Baby Shower Newborn Gift, Registry – Vintage Dino
- Swaddling blankets from Posh Peanut are extremely large, lightweight, and luxuriously plush, making them perfect for newborns. The skin of your infant will be protected by a blend of bamboo viscose (95%) and spandex (5%), both of which are naturally absorbent. Our swaddles are breathable, lightweight, and stretchy enough to keep up with your baby’s quick development.
- Päpook’s eco-friendly bamboo fabric is the best option for both baby and Mother Nature. In contrast, our swaddling blankets are both machine-washable and exceptionally long-lasting, ensuring that you and your family will treasure your Posh Peanut swaddle for many years to come.
- Posh Peanut is a reputable label that sells luxurious baby products to the world’s finest boutiques and department stores. As an Amazon seller based in California, we inspect every item before sending it to customers in other countries.
- For optimal comfort and development, wrap your baby in one of our 4444-inch swaddles. These blankets can be used for a wide variety of purposes, from nursing covers to stroller coverings.
- Each beautiful gift package comes with a swaddle blanket and matching beanie that have been laundered and are ready to use. This ensemble is made even more special when paired with our one-of-a-kind mommy robes. Posh Peanut’s vivid hues and unique patterns will elevate even the most ordinary baby-care routine.
Jeremiah Scripture Swaddle Blanket Gift Set, for I Know The Plans I Have for You, Ultra-Soft 100% Cotton Muslin Receiving Blankets, Extra Large, 2 Pack
- A baby can sleep soundly in the knowledge that they are safe and secure when they have high-quality receiving blankets in their bassinet or crib.
- This blanket set is a hit with parents since it is beautiful and symbolic. In honor of the arrival of your new bundle of joy and other joyous events.
- In other words, the more you wash it, the more comfortable it will become because cotton naturally softens with each washing. The blankets can be used in a variety of ways as the child grows, including as a cover for the stroller or car seat or as a nap blanket at daycare or preschool.
- A translation of Jeremiah 29:11 reads as follows: In fact, the Lord promises, “I know the plans I have for you; they are plans for your good and not for your harm.”
- Don’t be afraid to send a big blessing, because God has promised good things. Following successful payment, you will receive an email with comprehensive instructions for mailing your personalized greeting card.
Authentic Basotho Heritage Heirloom Wool African Blanket Or Throw Lightweight, Hypoallergenic, and Machine-Washable – SeanaMarena (Scarlet, Black and Blue 61″ x 65″)
- This blanket is of heirloom quality, meaning it will be passed down and cherished for years to come. The Basotho blanket is hypoallergenic, can be washed in the washing machine, and will not shrink or fade in color because it is woven from colorfast wool.
- All of our blankets are made by hand in South Africa using only the finest 100% African virgin wool, and our mill is committed to the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility. Wrap up warm and cozy in a traditional Basotho Heritage blanket. With its one-of-a-kind combination of Merino wool, microfiber, and century-old traditional weave structure, this blanket will quickly replace all of your others as your favorite.
- All of our blankets are made by hand from African virgin wool that is sustainably sourced, and our mill is committed to operating in an ethical and environmentally responsible manner. So, to be warm and cozy, wrap yourself in the traditional Basotho Heritage blanket. This blanket is very cozy because it is made of Merino wool and microfiber, a combination that has been used for centuries in traditional weaving, and it will immediately become your favorite.
- All of our Basotho Heritage throw blankets are crafted in South Africa with the approval of the Basotho people. The fourth generation of the same family has owned and run our mill for the past 66 years. Their business approach is predicated on engaging in low-impact, socially-responsible actions. They are officially recognized as the sole producer of authentic Basotho cultural blankets.
- It’s more than simply a blanket; it’s a piece of history. They are bad for business but good for the environment because they are built to last for decades or centuries. The Basotho people of Lesotho are also historically and culturally significant. The Basotho people of South Africa have given their stamp of approval to a manufacturing process that is both ethical and environmentally responsible. Additionally, they do not trigger any allergic reactions in most people.
Aden + anais Essentials Easy Wrap Swaddle, Cotton Knit Baby Wrap, Newborn Wearable Swaddle Sleep Sack, 3 Pack, Fairy Tale Flowers, 0-3 Months, Small/Medium
- Safe, comfortable, and expandable to accommodate your child as they grow. The purpose of our newborn wrap is to create a womb-like environment for your baby and to prevent his startle response from waking him up. Babies benefit more from restful sleep and are less likely to experience distress when they are able to sleep.
- The easily accessible zippers make diaper changes a breeze.
- S/M: 7-14 lb. / 3-6.3 kg / 0-3 months; L/XL: 14-18 lb. / 6.3-8 kg / 0-3 months; FIT AND EASY CARE (4-6 months). Each wash reduces the initial stiffness of the fabric.
- CUTE BABY SWAddles make wonderful presents for new parents, whether at a baby shower, birthday party, or throughout the Christmas season.
Unisex Swaddle Blankets, 3-Pack – Soft, Bamboo Rayon and Cotton Baby Blankets for Boys and Girls Promote Sound Sleep – 47×47 in. Receiving Blanket/Multipurpose Baby Essentials by San Francisco Baby
- Whether it’s for a baby shower, a birthday, or the holidays, CUTE BABY SWAddles are always well-received and appreciated by the parents-to-be.
- Advantages Bundled Together – The needs of a wide variety of infants can be accommodated by your swaddling wrap. This versatile blanket serves multiple purposes, including those of a burp cloth, changing pad cover, and stroller blanket.
- The delicate nature of newborn skin calls for a light touch. The swaddling blankets you use on your baby are made from a blend of bamboo rayon and cotton, making them both soft and breathable.
- Sturdy construction means you may wash your baby’s blanket as often as you wish without worrying about damaging it. You may rest assured that the vibrant colors on your muslin and rayon swaddle blankets will not fade with repeated washings.
- Seeking the best baby shower gift for a new mom or dad? This gender-neutral three-piece swaddling set will help you calm and secure your baby.
Baby Swaddle Blanket Upsimples Unisex Swaddle Wrap Soft Silky Bamboo Muslin Swaddle Blankets Neutral Receiving Blanket for Boys and Girls, 47 x 47 inches, Set of 4 – Fox/Elephant/Giraffe/Dinosaur
- Comfortable:Muslin Material is 70% Bamboo and 30% Cotton. Suitable for use on infants. Use soft, breathable muslin to keep baby cool and prevent skin irritation.
- This swaddling blanket measures a roomy 47″ by 47″ and is perfect for wrapping around infants of all sizes (120 x 120 cm). This is not a difficult process that will keep you up at night fighting.
- The blanket can be used for swaddling, blocking the sun, protecting baby’s tummy during tummy time, providing privacy, and many other things. Every one of the four patterns is suitable for both newborn girls and boys.
- Machine washing is suggested to keep the softness.
- The Most Wonderful Personalized Shower Gift Set This is a present any soon-to-be parents would love to receive.
Mimixiong Baby Blanket Knit Toddler Blankets for Boys and Girls Blue Green 30 x 40 inches
- A cozy blanket, a sleeping quilt, a kid’s play mat, a car seat cover, or a picnic blanket are all essential when bringing a baby out.
- Our blankets are manufactured using the finest fabrics available, making them ideal for cuddling and playing.
- An all-season baby blanket with a knitted construction and medium weight.
- Ultra-plush and durable knit baby blanket, perfect for little fellas.
- Cellular blanket that may be used in multiple layers and looks great on any bed.
8 Factors You will Like OUR TULA Newborn BLANKETS
1. High-class SOFTNESS
Our blankets are made entirely of Viscose, a material made from highly processed bamboo pulp, which gives them a plush, flowing softness while being surprisingly lightweight.
2. Light-weight AND BREATHABLE
Since our viscose from bamboo cloth is woven in a way that allows air to pass through easily, it is both incredibly soft and breathable, making it simpler to keep the infant at a comfortable temperature.
3. Ideal Size FOR SWADDLING
Because of their large square shape (47″ x 47″), they are convenient for swaddling infants.
4. A number of Uses
Our blankets can be used for many purposes, including tummy time, changing diapers, napping in a carrier or stroller, discreet breastfeeding, and providing shade or privacy for nursing mothers. Older siblings love tulas because they can be used for so many different things: hugging, capes, forts, naps, and more.
5. Cute Models
Whether you’re decorating a nursery or just want to express your individuality, you can choose from a wide array of prints, from cute kitties to futuristic spacecraft.
6. Great Child Reward
A new parent in severe need receives not only three sets of blankets at no cost, but also a gift of sleeping dust.
7. Fantastic FOR Traveling WITH Little one
An airport, a long car ride, a trip to the zoo, or any other new experience can be made more comfortable with the addition of a lightweight, easy-to-carry blanket, which is the finest travel carrier.
8. Prompt Preferred
Tula Baby Girl or Boy One reason blankets are so popular is that each member of the family may find something they like in their unique texture and pattern.
The comfort of a Tula blanket can’t be beat, no matter how simple or vibrant the design.
Once you’ve perfected the art of dying a tula blanket, you’ll find it impossible to keep one under wraps.
Thanks to the gorgeous blankets you’ve made, we can look forward to many more nights of peaceful sleep and happy dreams.