Nominations for The Prime Minister’s Pacific Youth Awards, which recognise and reward high-achieving young Pacific New Zealanders who have potential to make a big contribution to New Zealand, are open until November 7th.
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples and other supporters of the Awards are on the search for the highest achieving Pacific young people to recognise and celebrate their success stories.
To be eligible the young people who apply should be aged 17-24 yezars of age at the time applications are called for, are New Zealand residents of Pacific descent and can demonstrate that they are involved in the Pacific community.
They must show integrity and have character references from two independant referees of appropriate standing like a school teacher, a minister or youth worker.
There are seven categories of the Awards and an award to suit all talents.
1. Leadership & Inspiration Award sponsored by Air New Zealand (supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade)
2. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Award sponsored by Ako Aotearoa
3. Commercial & Corporate Award sponsored by Bank of New Zealand
4. Business & Enterprise Award sponsored by Deloitte
5. Community Star Award sponsored by Auckland Council
6. Sports & Fitness Award sponsored by New Zealand Institute of Sport
7. Arts & Creativity Award sponsored by Creative New Zealand
There will also be an additional prize of Leadership development for the winners of all categories.
Leadership NZ will provide the winners of each category a tailored leadership development programme designed to support and encourage them to develop their leadership skills.
If you want more information on the prizes, criteria, and how to apply go to the MPP website.