There are six lecturer positions available for Maori and/or Pacific staff available at the Auckland University of Technology (AUT), as it seeks to be a university of opportunity for Maori and Pacific people.
The Early Career Academic Programme 2017, piloted successfully in 2015 and created with the support of the Vice Chancellor to help accelerate the growth of Maori and Pacific academic staff at the University, will enable up to six Maori and/or Pacific scholars to receive permanent appointments as research-active lecturers.
These exceptional opportunities will enable scholars to develop their teaching skills, extend their research capability and advance their professional skills in supervision and graduate mentoring.
Appointees will also develop their academic skills under the guidance of a senior academic mentor and participate in series of workshops and other training activities designed for the programme.
Expected to start in early 2017, appointees will contribute to teaching programmes applicable to their academic department and produce new research outputs, whilst supporting Maori and Pacific student achievement initiatives.
Appointments will be considered for the following subject areas:
- Applied Linguistics/Sociolinguistics
- Art and Design
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Inter-professional Health Studies
- Management and Human Resource Management
- Marketing and Retailing
- Public Health and Psychosocial Studies (Pacific Health - South Campus)
- Software Engineering
- Sport and Recreation (South Campus)
- You will be able to demonstrate a strong interest in teaching as well as research
- You will have completed your PhD, or will have submitted your thesis by 31 December 2016
- This must be your first full-time permanent academic teaching position
- Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate some proficiency in either Maori or Pacific culture and language.
These are fantastic opportunities in an innovative, student centric academic environment where you can truly make a difference.
For more information on how AUT can further your academic career, go to the AUT careers website here.
- Closing date for applications is Friday, October 21st 2016
Interviews for successful applicants will take place from November 7th - 22nd 2016